Thursday, April 13, 2017

Story Planning: The Man and his dog

I want to write about Beth Gellert in the Celtic Story Unit , a hunter's favorite dog that he killed because he thought the dog killed his baby.  I definitely want to start my story in this way:

Jacob was a very well known hunter. People flocked to him to try to learn all his tricks of the trade. He always told them his most valued trick but they never believed him. They always thought it was something else that made him so good. He would always tell people that he is not the reason he is a good hunter but the fact that he has the best dog in the world for hunting.

I will go on and talk about how loyal the dog. Jacob thought that the dog became disloyal because he did not come when called one day. This is the point where the story will change from the original. I will have Jacob go and check to see why his loyal dog is not coming only to find out that it is fighting off a wolf that is trying to eat his child.

I am worried to do the story this way because I do not know how to end it. I definitely want a happy ending unlike how the original story is. (Still makes me tear up) I think if I have him come back right when he sees his dog kill the wolf would rather than he comes back in the middle of the fight. I have not decided. I also want to leave it on a not that you should always take your best friend with you when you can. I think I might incorporate Jacobs thoughts on how he might of mistakes the dog to have killed the kid instead of killing the wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment