Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Week 1: Introduction to my life

I am a Junior at the University of Oklahoma studying Aerospace Engineering.  I transferred last year from Oklahoma City Community College after graduating with an AS in Engineering. My future job will be in continuing the journey to Mars and beyond. Below is a picture of some friends and me taking a tour of Johnson Space Center.My favorite part is that we got to go see the sunrise from the ISS cameras in Mission Control.

(personal photo taken by our tour guide) Johnson Space Center (only 3 of the 5 nozzles shown)  

 When I am not studying to be a Rocket scientist, I love being outdoors and being active.  I also love traveling and see different cultures. I lived in china for 4 years and have spent most of my childhood summers in Mexico. Most recently I went to Alaska and Canada for a family reunion. The picture below is from our hike to the Mendenhall Glacier. We had over 100 people at the reunion! I have been to forty-nine states, lacking Hawaii. I have backpacked through Europe with My mum and sister. I enjoy hiking in Salt Lake City which is where my family is from, except me, I was born in OKC. My dad is the oldest of six all of them having at least two kids. Even though I live here in Oklahoma I am still very close to my family in SLC. I am always planning my next trip to SLC even before my trips there are over. 

(personal photo taken by me) Mendenhall Glacier is in the center with Nugget falls to the right.

I work at wholefoods as a Front Runner (the person who makes sure there are carts for people to grab) and Cashier. When I have time, I volunteer through my work for various organizations like the humane society and Feeding Oklahoma. I am always up to trying new things which some of my greatest memories have come from. I have run two half marathons and two full marathons as well as numerous other fun runs. I have run in the Memorial marathon three times. Pictured below is my family conquering the Gauntlet in Tulsa a few years back. starting with the man with the hat, my dad, to his right is my mom, sister and then me. The people on the sides are some friends we made during the race.  
Personal Photo - They let us have them for free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment