Thursday, January 19, 2017

Reading Options

     For week two, I want to read Homer's Iliad since I had read homer's Odyssey in high school and did not understand why the journey took place. I also really enjoyed the movie Where art tho brother and know that is is a different version of the Odyssey which is what I plan on reading in week three.
     Since I have such a strong Irish background I look forward to learning about the Celtic fairy tales in the British and Celtic unit. I really enjoyed the Irish story from a previous assignment that talks about leprechaun and mermaids. and I have heard about the Canterbury tales but am not too familiar with them and would like to know more about them. I really enjoy reading stories that have stories within. It makes it easier to absorb lots of short stories rather than only big one. The picture below is from on of the Celtic short stories that I thought looked very elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment